Monday, January 26, 2009

Some crafty goodness

I finished this crochet snake for Bodie ages ago, I just kept forgetting to take a photo. He's only half as long as I would've liked, but I couldn't get any more cotton in the same colourway so he's a shortie. It's a door stopper for his room.


Bodie's monkey has been finished for a while now too, I kept forgetting him too, poor thing!


Close up of his cheeky face.


Had my second go at a sewing pattern yesterday. Didn't turn out too bad, although I can't stick to a pattern. I shortened the legs and didn't do the pockets that were in the pattern.
I think my brain just isn't the sort that likes following instructions with sewing. I'd rather read a tutorial and work it all out as I go. I'm going to draft my own pattern up now, I don't like the way they sit. But I'm pretty happy with them for a 2nd go at using a pattern.



I'm making the Radiating Star Blanket for a gift, here is the start of it. I love this pattern, it's easy to remember and works up quickly.

The colour isn't accurate in this photo. It's been raining constantly, not good photo weather! It's a more forest green rather than this mossy green. I will take another pic when it is a bit bigger. :)

No comments: