Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Planning Bodie's Doona Cover

Now that it has been pointed out to me by the lovely ladies at Crafty Mamas that the AUD is finally over 70c again, my options are wider for fabrics I want to purchase - I can choose from American sites again (!!!) and have more choices with the Jungle Babies line that I was interested in.

I know on the back side of the cover I want my favourite spotted fabric from Spotlight - the one I used for the bibs in my last post. I got a few metres of it when they had their Boxing Day 20% off everything sale. It ended up around $5 a metre. Woo!

I am still undecided on the front though. I want one of the following 3 Jungle Babies prints:








I can't decide if I want just the print on it's own, whichever print I end up choosing... or if I want it broken up a little by some of the leaf print from the same range:



... or some marbled greens, or browns, or turquoise...







I think the marbles would be too strong and overpowering for the first print, but might be ok for the second two.

Gah, it's so hard to decide!!! Especially not being able to see them all in real life first! Having them all laid out here should help me decide, hopefully!

Two hours and too much caffeine and chocolate fudge later, I'm still awake...

I'm thinking maybe these two, with the leaves as the main middle part, taking half the space; and the print using a 1/4 of the space on either end. If that made any sense at all out of my own head! haha



I think that will go well with the spots on the back. I was a bit worried that the leaf fabric co-ordinates "too much" with the print, being from the same line... but I don't know... I think I was being silly.

I'll sleep on it. ;)

No comments: