Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Today's Crafts

I have found my knitting again today, after having a rest from it over the last few weeks during holiday season and all the running around that entails.
I'm currently making a my modified version of the Spare Ribs Shoaker pattern, for the second time. My version is bigger, with extra roomy legs. I'm going to dip dye this one when it's finished.

Yesterday my knitting was attacked! It was sitting on the floor, minding it's own business, waiting for some love and attention, when the vacuum decided to pick a fight. The beginning tail was ripped off, and the working end was ripped away from the ball. I am so glad the beginning was already weaved in, and that I only had to fix a few dropped stitches where the working end came away. I was expecting a lot more carnage.

Here it is today, after being repaired after the vacuum incident.
I'm just about to start the increases for the legs.


I also have a crocheted monkey for Bodie in the works.


I did start it last year, meant for his birthday in June! Then it was meant for Christmas... then it just kept getting put aside. I didn't have enough wool, and Spotlight kept getting all the other colours of the same type, but not the one I needed. Finally I have it and am nearly done the little monkey, just one or two limbs to finish and sew on and he's done.

I've discovered a new forum, Crafty Mamas, and I'm totally in love. I found it at the right time, I'm all motivated and wanting to branch out and try some new things.

Bodie will move to a big bed soon, so I have a single bed quilt for that in the planning stages at the moment, and then I'm going to try my hand at sewing with actual patterns (eeek!) again.

For now, some nap time quick sewing gratification, 2 simple bibs.
The spotted quilters cotton is my favourite fabric at the moment, and is already in use in a few mama made goodies around Bodie's room and will be included in his quilt.

No comments: