Friday, May 8, 2009

Green Giraffes

Another newborn nappy. :)

I had a few issues with the overlocking today... but it's mostly fine! Glen couldn't find the areas I have problems with, so it can't be that bad. ;)






Excuse the different coloured boosters, I need to make replacements in the same lime colour - I was going to do the inner as the sage green, but once I'd done lime green snaps I knew the inner had to be lime too. hehe. I do love that lime microfleece. :)


View of the inner, while on the smallest setting.


And for fun, I tried it on 22 month old Bodie, haha. It fits, but isn't usable - it's on the last snaps and the second last stud snap on the wings would rub against his hips. Funny it fit at all though! At least I know this sizing will last the next bub a long time. :)





He didn't want to take it off. :) He loved the giraffes, I will have to make him one too.



So now that I see it fits Bodie, I'm getting all paranoid about my newborn sizing being off again... It does seem to be small enough to me! But then I worry that it'll be too bulky or something, argh, I don't know! I think I need to hold off one making any more newbie naps until I have on in my hands to compare to...

I know I'm not going to worry about the cross over snaps for the smallest setting anymore... it makes the tummy way too small, it wouldn't be used.

I have another nappy I finished today too but the fabric marker I used hasn't faded yet,
so I will wash it before I take pics. I'm excited to share this one - it's made with last night's velour dyeing efforts. :D

No comments: